Almaty Technological University (ATU) is known as one of the leading research and education centers in Central Asia, which successfully implements the training of highly qualified specialists and scientific personnel for food and food processing industry, textile and light industry branches, service and hospitality industry, working on a global multi-level model of higher education “Bachelor-Master-Doctor PhD”. In the General rating of 60 Kazakhstan’s higher education institutions ATU steadily takes a position in top ten technical higher educational institutions, and all profile specialties of the University take the first positions in educational programs ratings of profiled higher education institutions of Kazakhstan.
Quality management system (QMS), that is certified according to the requirements of ISO 9001-2008 international standard, functions in ATU since 2005. The effectiveness of the quality management system of ATU is confirmed by the independent audits conducted by the Certification Association “Russian Register” – a member of the International Certification Network IQNet, making the ATU’s QMS internationally recognized.
Scientific and academic staff of ATU includes more than 700 scientists and professors, among them there are 19 members of international and national scientific academies, 60 doctors and professors, 175 candidates of sciences and associate professors, 80 PhD and Masters of Science.
Develop a Master’s degree programs on food safety (TEMPUS).Training course on designing and developing new models of clothes «Gadet» (TEMPUS) . Create public-benefit universities on the principle of “Research-Science-Manufacturing”, along with three Central Asian countries, 3 universities of Kazakhstan and 7 European universities. (TEMPUS) .Grants the Japanese Government «Grass Roots» . World Bank Grants. Grants NCI ROK and etc.
• International Academy of higher education (IAHE)
• International Association of Universities (IAU)
• International Association for exchange students (IAESTE)
• Eurasian Union of Universities (EURAS)
• Club of Rectors of Europe, leading universities and research centers abroad
• “Bolashak” Program of RK President
• Programs of the EU: Tempus, Erasmus Mundus, Fp7
• Foreign embassies accredited in Kazakhstan
• International organizations: the British Council in Kazakhstan, the German academic exchange service (DAAD), Goethe Institute, the American Council of international agricultural research (IREX).
Photos of the university