Kostanay State University was founded on August 6, 1992 as a result of resolution of the Cabinet of the Republic of Kazakhstan №662. According to this resolution Kostanay State Pedagogical Institute was reorganized into Kostanay State University.
August 21, 1939 The Presidium of Kustanai Oblast Executive Council of People’s Deputies adopted a decree “On the organization of Kustanai Teachers’ Institute on the basis of Kazakh Pedagogical College”. Students were taught two years at two departments: the natural geographical and physical-mathematical. The first director who was appointed there was Ibrayev Daulet.
June 17, 1944 On the Decision of the SPC of the Kazakh SSR and CCCP (b) № 351 “On the perpetuation of the memory of the Kazakh national hero Amangeldi Imanov” Kustanai teacher’s institute is named after Amangeldi Imanova
July 5, 1955 By the order of the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic dated July 1, 1955 № 560-p and the order of the Ministry of Education of the Kazakh SSR dated July 5, 1955 №267, it was decided to organize Kustanai State Pedagogical Institute on the basis of the teachers’ institute.
December 8, 1972 By the Decision of the Central Committee of Kazakhstan and the Council of Ministers of the Kazakh SSR №630 Amangeldy Imanov Kustanai State Pedagogical Institute was renamed into the Institute for the 50th Anniversary of the USSR.
The development of virgin lands required additional training of personnel for agriculture of Kostanai region. This led to the fact that in 1964-1966 in Kustanai there were created training and consultancy centers “PPC” for the students of distance learning Tselinograd Agricultural Institute (headed by N. Gromov).
September 20, 1966 By order of the Minister of Agriculture of the USSR № 309 “On organization of Kustanai region branch of Tselinograd Agricultural Institute” a branch of Tselinograd Agricultural Institute was organized. The branch of the institute was located in the village Zarechny (n. Konezavod).
July 13, 1978 By the resolution of the Council of Ministers №469 on the basis of Kustanai branch of Tselinograd Agricultural Institute Kustanai Agricultural Institute in Kustanai was organized. On December 1, 1978 at a ceremony of the opening of the institute, Peter Iosifovich Chuzhinov was appointed a rector.
August 6, 1992 by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 662 Kustanai State Pedagogical Institute named for the 50th anniversary of the USSR was transformed into Kustanai State University.
April 3, 1996 by the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 384 Kustanai State University was renamed Akhmet Baitursynov Kustanai State University.
November 17, 1998 The University was visited by the President of Kazakhstan N. Nazarbayev and with his participation Kostanai State University organized the first International Intervideoconference, which was attended by both teachers and 2,000 students from 5 universities of Kostanai region and about 40 people from State University of Oklahoma in the United States. One of the issues discussed at the conference, was connected with the widespread use of information technology in education and, in particular, the development and introduction of distance learning computer. The President praised the work of the University, calling it one of the best universities in the country.
In accordance with Article 9 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on December 9, 1993 by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan on June 17, 1997 the spelling of Kustanai was changed into Kostanai. The title Kustanai State University was changed into Akhmet Baitursynov Kostanai State University.
February 14, 2000 in accordance with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 236 “On some measures for the integration of education and science of Kazakhstan” Kostanai Agricultural Institute became part of A. Baytursynov KSU.
September 15, 2000 – the opening of the Monument of the prominent state politician and prominent scientist-linguist Akhmet Baitursynov by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev, who called A.Baitursynov the Teacher of the Nation.
September 12, 2002 – The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N.A. Nazarbayev met with the staff of A.Baitursynov Kostanai State University.
February 3, 2004 By the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan № 128 “On organization of individual State Enterprise of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan” State Pedagogical Institute was separated from A. Baitursynov Kostanai State University.
September 18, 2009 – the beginning of a new stage in the development of international relations of. A. Baitursynov KSU marked the signing of Great Charter of Universities (Bologna, Italy) by the Rector of the University Nametov A.M. This enabled the university to declare itself on the international level as one of the most progressive universities in the region.
Science in A. Baitursynov KSU today is represented by scientific schools, highly qualified teaching staff, scientific journal, competitive Master Post-graduate and Doctorate programmes, international cooperation with foreign institutions of higher education. These are a worthy input into Kazakhstani Science and research.
The university is aimed at the integration of education and research, development of priority scientific directions and creative youth support. All necessary pre-conditions such as access to information sources, juridical support, material and technological support are available at the university. Science starts with those who create, save and transmit it to further generations. All teachers, post-graduate students, doctorate programmes’ participants and some students are involved in science and research programmes.
At present there are some scientific schools of applied sciences in the university:
● increasing of agricultural crops productivity genetic potential and mastering agricultural technologies for different agricultural and ecological regions of North Kazakhstan based on innovation principles of intensification, ecologization and resource supply for sustainable productivity of agricultural territories and regeneration of fertile soil;
● increasing of productivity genetic potential; animal, bird and fish feeding, keeping and reproductive technologies mastering;
● working out of techniques , including biotechnological ones, of diagnostics of means of agricultural animals, poultry and fish’ disease prevention and cure, food safety support;
● working out and implementation innovation technologies in the field of automation and technical maintenance in the sphere of agricultural and industrial complex;
● working out of energy saving technologies and alternative sources of energy. Development of construction materials for modern technology devices;
● professional education quality and competitiveness improving. Working out and implementation innovation technologies into educational process;
● scientific support of economic relations system within agricultural and food supply sphere, promoting productivity, competitiveness of agricultural production and people’s demand in inner and outer market, villagers’ social conditions improving;
● social and humanitarian sciences, historical and cultural, psychological research of Kazakhstani society’ development within the frames of globalization.
Development of international cooperation of A.Baitursynov Kostanay State University is carried out in accordance with the Regulations on International Cooperation and supposes:
- Participation in International Educational Programmes;
- Developmentof scientific andacademic collaboration with educational and scientific institutions on the basis of contracts, memorandums, and agreements.
ERASMU SMUNDUS and TEMPUS projects contribute to internationalization of the educational process in the university
International activity of the university aims at internationalization of the educational process in the university; integration of the university into global educational area; improvement of quality of education and research.
International agreements and memorandums suppose:
- sharing experience in teaching methods;
- involvement of scholars into educational process;
- fostering academic mobility of students and academic staff;
- joined research;
- organization of meetings, symposiums, seminars and conferences in cooperation;
- fostering publications on the results of research and joint projects in journals;
- work in cooperation at developing and implementing the joint diploma programs (Bachelor –Master-Doctorate).
Photos of the university