I.Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University ranks third in Ukraine among the higher medical schools of the IVth accreditation level according to the latest rating list of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.In the latest rating list of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine I.Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University. Almost 1200 international students from 62 countries of the world study at the University.
The appointed Director the Medical Institute, Candidate of Medical Sciences, surgeon P.O. Ogiy and prof. Martynyuk A.H., the vice-rector, arrived to Ternopil. By the decision of the Regional Council, two educational buildings and two hostels were allotted to the Institute. The clinical base was provided by the City Hospital that had been functioning then as the Regional Hospital. Morphological building, Regional Hospital and a new hostel were under construction. 19 departments began functioning at the Institute, 66 teachers were working there.
Ternopil state medical university has close relations with another European university – the Medical University of Vienna. 25 our teachers improved their teaching and medical skills here. The Rector L. Ya. Kovalchuk and Ukrainian governmental delegation together with two vice ministers of Health care of Ukraine took part in the negotiations with the rector of Medical University of Vienna professor Wolfgang Schütz. They discussed the establishment of the university clinics in Ukraine. Doctor Wolfgang Schütz shared with the clinic management experience of the Medical University of Vienna, which, by the way, is the largest one in Europe. He told about its structure, submission principles of worker which belong different categories and the sources of its funding. The Ukrainian delegation remained satisfied with the results of the meeting. An obtained information during the negotiations will be used for the creation of the statute about the university clinics in Ukraine.
- The strategic task of the International Relations Department (IRD) is integration of the TSMU into the international educational space and promotion of the cooperation between the university and foreign educational, research and clinical institutions.
- The other important tasks of the IRD include:
- Assistance to the university staff and university departments in creating and implementing projects in international cooperation.
- Establishing the contacts with foreign educational and research institutions, agencies, funds and their representatives in Ukraine.
- Support and promotion of the relations with foreign partners in joint research projects, exchange of the teaching staff and students.
- Providing consulting concerning the possibilities for the joint research, studying and training abroad.
Photos of the university