Home » Members list » Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University

Human Forum 2017

We are pleased to announce that GSM Barcelona is going to held HUMAN FORUM at the beginning of July 2019. The participants come from different parts of the world to discuss on topics that relate to the problems of human being.

Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University

About University

Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University is one of the leading establishments of higher education in Ukraine. It was founded in 1920 in memory of Vladimir Dal. It is one of the oldest University in Ukraine.

For more than 90 years, East Ukraine Volodymyr Dahl National has helped shape the lives and communities of people in Ukraineand around the world. Its forward-thinking spirit, research-led teaching, and cutting-edge discoveries make East Ukraine Volodymyr Dahl National, Ukraine’s defining university.
Besides branches in Luhansk the university has branches in other Ukrainian cities (Sievierodonetsk, Rubizhne, Krasnodon, Antratsyt, Livadiya, Feodosiya, Yevpatoriya, Skadovsk).
Nowadays the university has level IV accreditation, with 24 faculties and nearly 1,083 professors, 742 of them PhD’s. The university owns 55 buildings in east and south crimea Ukraine,  University has about 36,000 Ukrainian (and about 800 foreign) students and confers degree 124 majorsat the associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
At present it is a huge educational-scientific complex that is constantly developing. t won’t be an exaggeration to say that the whole history of the university’s development proves its enormous ability to stay alive.  East Ukraine Volodymyr Dahl National Universityactivities covers wide range of subjects and in research.
East Ukraine Volodymyr Dahl National Universityis a comprehensive, doctoral-degree-granting university offering to a diverse and capable student body a wide range of opportunities and challenges for learning and growth; to the world of knowledge, vigorous and expanding contributions in research, discovery, and application; and to the State and its people in every region, a variety of expert services.
East Ukraine Volodymyr Dahl National Universityis dedicated to the three broad purposes already mentioned-learning, research, and service: learning, on-campus and off-campus, to enhance the intellectual, cultural, social, and professional development of its students; research, both to extend the present limits of knowledge and to bring deeper insight, understanding, and usefulness to existing knowledge; and service, to apply knowledge and the fruits of research to the lives of people.Students experience direct involvement in the city’s civic, business and cultural opportunities.
So, please, get acquainted with our site, get the information about our departments, directions of training and professions, about gripping and exciting life of our university. You will for sure feel the respect for our higher educational establishment.

History

The establishment of the educational institution has deep historical basis connected with industrial development of the region. Historical research shows that the beginnings of technical education in Lugansk appeared in 19th century.

Preconditions of the establishment –

The scientific and technical society started its activities at the Lugansk foundry in 1827. The same year the training of the youth in technical disciplines was started as well. Lugansk factory school was founded in 1839. Educational and scientific foundation for the future technical school was made by the distinguished leading figures of science such as I.A. Timeh (“Cutting resistance of metal and wood”), A.F. Mevius (“Training course of metallurgy of cast iron, iron and steel”, “Iron foundries”), I.F. Felkner (“Machines and tools for metalworking”, “Companion of an engineer-builder”, “Popular Companion of an engineer-builder”), Y.P. Kovalevskiy (“Geognostic Review of the Donetsk Ridge” (1829)) and others.

The educational establishment began its readout in March 27, 1920, when Lugansk National Technical School headed by the rector Migulin P.K. was created. The technical school was located in a former trade school.

Later the technical school was called “Luhansk Evening Work College” (LEWC). It had been preparing “red” engineers at two faculties (mechanical and electrotechnical) during 4 years.

Lessons were held in the the former Pushkin College building in Patronna Street and later in the former four-storey building of Vasnev in Bankovska Street (Shevchenko Street nowadays). Technical school occupied the fourth floor. In 1927 LEWC got the second and the third floors of the permanent building in Lenina Street, 38.

1927, the first graduation of engineers (11 persons) in speciality “Steam-powered equipment”.

1930, according to the resolution of the Council of People’s Commissars of USSR the technical school was reorganized intoLuhansk Evening Machine Building Institute. The first graduation of LEMBI engineers in speciality “Civil engineering” was in 1932.

1934-1939, the work of the educational institution was suspended, it was renewed in 1939.

During the war the higher educational institution was evacuated to the Russian city Omsk and reorganized into Omsk Machine Building Institute.

1945-1959, educational establishment functioned in the composition of the branch offices of: Kharkiv Institute of Mechanical Engineering, Moscow Correspondence Institute of Metal Industry (Moscow State University of Instrument Engineering and Computer Science nowadays) and V.I. Lenin Kharkov Polytechnical Institute.

1960, educational establishment was reorganized into independent Luhansk Evening Machine Building Institute with 940 persons of full-time studies students.

1962, training of students of full-time form of study was started.

On the 8th of May in 1993 East Ukrainian State University was created on the basis of Luhansk Machine Building Institute and several higher educational institutions of Luhansk and Luhansk region.

1996, the higher educational institution received the status of the higher educational institution of the IV accreditation level.

On the 11th of September the university was given the status of the national university with the proper name “East Ukrainian National University”.

In 2001 East Ukrainian National University was given the name of Volodymyr Dahl.

In September of 2004 the rector of Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University, professor Golubenko O.L. sighed in Bologna (Italy) the Great Charter of Universities.

In 2004 the construction of the new academic building was finished.

On March 24th, 2010, Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University was given the status of the national self-governing (autonomous) research higher educational establishment.

Research

International projects

More information

http://www.vdeunu.com/

Photos of university


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

“The International Association of Universities UNION is a powerful global University network, which includes 110 universities from 34 countries. The Association is ambitious, cosmopolitan, innovative project, reflecting key challenges and core values associated with today´s world.” – Dr. Galimkair Mutanov, President of The International Association of Universities UNION, Rector of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Professor, Academician, Doctor of Technical Sciences.