Today SSMU – a major scientific, educational and clinical complex that includes six faculties, two research institutes , the central research laboratory , 9 research and education centers , interdisciplinary teaching and research laboratories and private clinics in the multidisciplinary 830 beds , three anatomical with unique collections of the museum , the region’s largest scientific and medical library .In the ranking of the RF Ministry for years SibSMU among the top five leading medical universities in the country . The university enrolls more than 5,000 people. From year to year there is a steady increase in the number of students coming to study in the SSMU from other regions of Russia, CIS and far abroad. Today, more than 70 % of students – from other cities.
The University was founded in 1878 as the first Russian educational center in the vast territory of Siberia behind the Ural mountains till the Russian Far East. Now it is one of the leading, most respectable and famous medical institutions in the Asian part of Russia. According to the 2000 Universities’ rating of the Russian Ministry of Higher Education the Siberian State Medical University occupies the second honor place after the Moscow Medical Academy. At different times of the University’s 130 year history the academic staff included many outstanding scientists and scholars: A.V.Shirshov, A.A.Kulyabko, B.N.Bayandurov, P.M.Albitsky, A.D.Timofeevsky, L.F.Larionov, D.I.Goldberg, A.G.Salischev, P.I.Tikhov, V.I.Mysh, A.G.Savinykh, N.N.Burdenko, N.V.Vershinin, M.G.Kurlov, D.A.Zhdanov, A.S.Dogel, V.D.Timakov, S.P.Karpov and others.
Siberian State Medical University is actively developing an innovative way:
- SSMU twice was among the finalists for the status of universities in national research universities , formulating a strategy of participation in the development of economically significant biomedklastera ( 2009, 2010 years) .
- The first among the Russian Siberian State Medical Schools received the support of the Russian Government for the implementation of the development of innovation infrastructure ( 2010 )
- SSMU initiated and coordinated the technological platform ” Medicine of the Future ,” which went down in the list of approved and recommended for implementation by the Government of the Russian Federation ( 2011 ) .
- Only one of the medical universities in the country SSMU became a partner of the Innovation Center ” Skolkovo ” (as part of a consortium of Tomsk universities and research institutes) , scientists SibSMU first opened in Tomsk company – resident ” Skolkovo ” in the field of medicine ( 2011 ) .
- The clinics SibSMU deployed to provide high-tech medical care following areas: abdominal surgery, obstetrics and gynecology , thoracic surgery , ophthalmology , urology developed and implemented a program of modernization , which received the support of the Health Ministry of Russia. ( 2011 ) .
- With the support of the Government of the Russian Federation in the Siberian State Medical University was created only in the Urals training simulation center for training and professional development ( 2011 )
Medical Center of Michigan University (Ann Arbor, USA)
Medical College of Ohio (Toledo, USA)
Wayne State University (Detroit, USA)
Detroit Medical Center (USA)
Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, Texas)
Sorbonne–Paris–University (Paris, France)
Photos of the university